Eyelash extensions are often confused for false eyelashes. These are two different things. A false eyelash is one that you can quickly put on yourself at home. On the other hand, eyelash extensions require using an adhesive to fix each eyelash individually. The wide range of available eyelash extensions can be overwhelming. You need to know what kind would be most suitable for your eye shape.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Eyelash Extensions:
1. Find a Qualified Makeup Artist
When selecting the person to install your eyelashes, you want to ensure that they have been trained. Extensions are delicate. If not correctly installed, you may get an infection or poor services.
You may also get tips from the makeup artist that will install your extensions. You may need to hire a freelance makeup artist in Dubai. This is easier as they are flexible, and will come to where you are. Additionally, they are affordable. Therefore, you do not have to worry about parting with a lot of money.
2. The shape of the Lash
Eyelash extensions come in different forms such as C curl, D curl, and J curl. This is a demonstration of how curly the extensions will look. D-curl eyelashes are slightly curled while J-curl eyelashes are moderately curled. The most curled eyelash is the C-curl. The type of extension you choose to go for must be compatible with the curls of your natural eyelashes.
3. Different Lashes Cost Different Prices
The cost of your extension is dependent on the type of extension that you would like to install. Synthetic eyelashes are the most affordable as you can acquire a set at $50 or less. Sable extensions are the most expensive and cost over $200.
4. You May Have to Change Your Makeup Products
Eyelash extensions may look fabulous but there are everyday makeup products that can mess with your lashes. Such products include tubing mascaras, waterproof eyeliners, and oil-based makeup removers. Tubing mascaras tend to stick to eyelash extensions, making them prone to breakage. Waterproof eyeliners cause the eyelashes to tangle against each other. The tangling causes friction, and eventually, your extensions will start to fall off. Oil-based cleansers are advised against as their contents weaken the eyelash adhesive.
Consider substituting your waterproof eyeliner with a regular eyeliner. There are also a variety of oil-free products in the market. Pick one that is suitable for your skin type.
Review: Types of Eyelash Extensions
Mink eyelash extensions are probably the most suitable type of eyelashes as they are made from real hair. Due to their fragile nature, they are a good option for people with naturally weak lashes.
Pros of Mink Eyelash Extensions
- They last longer compared to other types of eyelash extensions. This feature is owed to their lightweight nature.
- They are cruelty-free. Mink eyelashes are obtained from an animal known as the mink. The animals are not harmed during the collection of these hairs. Instead, they are brushed, and the hair that falls off is sterilized to make the extensions.
Cons of Mink Eyelash Extensions
- They are expensive.
- Cannot be used by people who are allergic to animals
- They lose their curl once they get wet.
- The procedure for installing minks can take a long time as they are quite fragile.
This eyelash set is the synthetic version of real mink eyelash extensions. It is the best option for people who would like to have a mink lookalike extensions but at a lower price.
Pros of Faux Mink Extensions
- They have a permanent curl, unlike real minks. This means you do not have to worry about curling your eyelashes every time you get into contact with water.
- They are cheaper than real mink extensions
- Since they are synthetic, people who are allergic to animals can wear them.
Cons of Faux Mink Extensions
- Even though this eyelash set is cheaper compared to the original minks, the price is still costly compared to other types of eyelashes.
Price: $150- $200
These eyelash set are a deep black and have a bit of shine on them. Although they are not as natural as the mink eyelashes, it is hard to tell that they are fake, unless you take a closer look.
Pros of Silk Eyelash Extensions
- Their silky texture makes it comfortable the face.
- They are lightweight.
- They are more affordable as compared to mink eyelashes.
Cons of Silk Eyelash Extensions
- They lack a natural look. It is easily noticeable that you are wearing eyelash extensions
These are the most affordable eyelashes. Synthetic extensions are best worn for occasions when you want your eyes to pop. They are also a perfect choice for people who are just starting on the eyelash extension journey and would like to get a taste of what it feels like.
Pros of Synthetic Eyelash Extensions
- They are thick and dark, which makes it unnecessary to use mascara. This will save you time and money.
- They hold their curl pretty well compared to other extensions. Their defined curls give your eyes a distinct shape.
Cons of Synthetic Eyelash Extensions
- They are the least natural-looking.
- Their thickness makes it uncomfortable to wear a set for an extended period.
- They are heavy and therefore cannot hold on people whose eyelashes are naturally weak.
Sables are small carnivorous animals that are mostly found in native Siberia and Russia. Their soft fur, either black or brown, is brushed to come off and the hairs are used to make eyelash extensions. These extensions are thinner than mink eyelashes. For this reason, they are the best option for people whose eyelashes are thin and weak.
Pros of Sable Eyelash Extensions
- They have a natural look and feel. It would be impossible for anyone to tell you are wearing extensions.
- They are cruelty-free.
Cons of Sable Eyelash Extensions
- They are the most expensive eyelash set
- Not for people who are allergic to animals
Price: $300- $500
How to Take Care of Your Eyelash Extensions
To maintain your eyelashes for the longest time possible, you will need a few tips on how to take care of them.
Avoid Water Contact for 48 Hours
Do not let your lashes get into contact with water within 24-48 hours after installing them. Water weakens the adhesive before it gets the chance to completely set on your eyelashes.
Do Not Use Oil-Based Products around Your Eyes
Oil-based products include waterproof mascaras and creamed eyeliners. In order to take such makeup off, you will have to use swabs or cotton pads. These will snag your extensions and even pull them out.
Apply a Sealer
Eyelash sealers protect your extensions from oil, dirt, and makeup. Creating a clean eye environment will make your lashes look alive and long-lasting.
Over to You..
Getting eyelash extensions requires a proper maintenance routine. You may get the most expensive lashes at the best prices. However, failure to take good care of them will lead them to fall off. If you sleep on your stomach or side, consider getting a satin or silk pillowcase. The smooth material will reduce friction between your eyelashes and the pillowcase.
It is advisable to get a professional, affordable, makeup artist in Dubai the best services. At Bawabba, they offer a FREE consultation. You will be advised you on the best eyelash extension suitable for your lashes. Book an appointment today!