Personal training has become a big business. With the popularity of social media and our constant exposure to picture-perfect celebrity bodies, it is natural to feel the need to look your best. Whether you want to lose weight, build muscle, or simply stay fit, you will want a certified personal trainer to handle your body-change journey.
Personal trainers in the UAE use a mix of studied exercise concepts and their own workout creations to get specific results out of its multifaceted market. Are you looking to lower your body-fat percentage? Do you wish for a curvier frame without undergoing surgery? Personal trainers can provide some of the most sought-after aesthetic results at a fraction of their cost in other industries (plastic surgery and cosmetology).
However, personal training is no joke: gym injuries, exhaustion, and dehydration can result from exercising with a non-skilled professional. All personal trainer guidance should be reliable. Therefore, it is best, when operating as a freelance personal trainer in Dubai, to acquire the right qualifications first.
Why You Need A Qualification
If you have all the physical attributes of an athlete, you have probably practiced amateur training at the request of family and friends. However, this should go no further until you have gotten the right, accredited personal trainer certification.
Not only are you not going to be able to charge as much for your services when training clients without qualification, but you are also more liable to court action in case of injury. You will also struggle to register as a Freelancer in platforms in Dubai because a basic certification is a minimum requirement of obtaining your visa and freelance license in the UAE.
During your training, you will learn the concepts behind the exercises you already know, as well as how to handle and motivate clients, even as they struggle to push through sets. You will also need a minimum of nutritional guidance, as you will have to advise non-fit individuals you train on complementary means of improving their wellness through healthy eating.
Qualification may also provide you with a specialization you may otherwise lack. Female personal trainers in Dubai, in particular, may find that through studying the practices which interest them the most (cross-fit/Pilates/Yoga, etc), they acquire more useful skills. This will allow you to focus your business on one – hopefully popular – training field and even offer classes to maximize your revenue.
What You Will Learn From The Training:
The basic qualification required to register as a personal trainer in Dubai is a Level 3 Diploma In Personal Training. From this course, you will learn the following:
- Basics of strength training
- How to weight-lift safely
- Basics of core-training
- Basics of cardio-training
- Basic counseling (encouragement and moral support)
- How to use gym equipment
- How to gauge a client’s level of fitness
- How to set exercises based on clients’ levels of fitness.
These skills will allow you to provide improved service on amateur training, with expertise enabling you to handle even challenging clients with tact and patience. Personal trainers need to be familiar with clients’ reluctance to complete an entire exercise routine. Therefore, their communication skills and patience must both be on par with their 6-pack and defined calves. As a personal trainer, you will have to train to handle clients much more than you will have to work on your personal strengths. Therefore, structured learning will be ideal.
Level 3 Personal Training Diploma: What You Need To Look for
- Level 3 personal training courses are usually accredited by a 3rd party, international body such as Active IQ UK. This will be mentioned on the page of the certifying/training institutions and is a sign that the course involves learning which has been approved by skilled professionals around the world.
- Unless your diploma is accredited by the International Confederation Register of Exercise Professionals, you may not be able to practice everywhere. Look for this accreditation mention on your prospective training institution‘s website.
- A Level 2 Gym Instructor course is a must for any level 3 diploma. This is the area of study that will involve the most practical teaching, which you will use in your actual training and routine structuring.
- Face To Face learning is essential to personal training courses for pretty obvious reasons. While you will need free time to practice your learning and will have to complete thorough research and writing assignments on Personal Training Business Skills, you will also need to meet with your teachers to go through what you have learned. From basic tips about your form to insightful observations on your motivation skills, your instructor will be able to guide you through the course with a minimum of 10 face-to-face sessions.
- A printed resource base will allow you to perform all your academic research without needing to invest in textbooks or published papers.
- Weak muscle activation training will potentially make the biggest difference in your current physical shape. It will enable you to have a physique that inspires trust in your clients. It will also provide you with the skills to teach clients with similar problems (weakened areas) to rebuild their muscle base.
- Invigilated theory papers may not sound like fun yet are a requirement of every reliable training. They will attest to your knowledge of important personal training concepts such as ATP/CP (fast-reactive) energy production, joint alignment for improved force, and Specific Adaptations To Imposed Demands (SAID)
Institutions Providing Personal Training Courses In Dubai
The following is our pick of personal training institutions in Dubai. Check out their websites for more information:
- The Academy For Personal Training
- B-Fit fitness Academy
- Impact British Training Solutions
- Pilates Academy Dubai
To Wrap Up
Dubai has some of the best learning institutions in the world. The world of fitness bears no exception. With some of the most skilled freelance personal fitness trainers in Dubai, our platform exemplifies the UAE’s desire for quality professional service.
We believe that safety should always come first. Therefore, we require our professionals to have credible accreditation before we allow them to offer their services to clients.
Sign up today for some of the best personal training rates in Dubai.