Dubai exhibiting modern and futuristic city features makes it ideal for most freelancers in the UAE to settle and work. There are numerous projects to complete and manage in this desert city. It is an opportunity for many experts to advance their careers and gain experience that comes with a reputation in their respective fields of expertise across the industry. Later on, you can register your own company and operate globally from mainland Dubai.
As a freelancer, trading internationally while based in the United Arab Emirates, you are likely to get paid through a wire service. It may at first pose a challenge when it comes to choosing the best money transfer platform. To help you make an informed decision, we have compiled the top commonly used platforms for you to consider.
Top 3 Money Transfer Services For Freelancers to Receive Money From Abroad
There are various money transfer services available, each with its unique attributes. Listed below are the most common and convenient to use;
TransferWise is an online account based in London that allows you to send and receive money internationally on other currencies and offers debit cards in several countries. It operates on the model of matching transfers with other people within the pool and charging a minimum commission while using the inter-bank mid exchange rate. The process thus avoids currency conversions. The concept is contrary to routine currency transfers involving buy and sell prices, with the broker pocketing the difference between the two.
- Able to hold more than 50 different currencies in balances in your account
- Instant currency conversion at low fees.
- spend on the debit card in any money with low fees
- Supports above 750 currency trade routes across the world
- The mobile app is available in different languages.
- The nature of the transaction does not categorize spending.
- You cannot send money to other users for free or request payment.
- You cannot set up direct debits.
- Overdrafts are not possible.
- Joint accounts are not available.
- Mobile App. Available in google play store (for android users) and Apple store (for iPhone and iPad users)
- It offers a wide range of currencies to transact with as compared to other digital banks.
- Excellent customer support service.
- No budget tools for spending overview
- It does not have a banking license, so it does not give a guarantee on deposits
- Mobile App lacks additional features like loans, investments, insurance, etc.
Western Union money transfer is available almost everywhere around the globe except in Iran and North Korea. It operates account payouts, digital Apps, and retail locations, making it an all-around money transfer option. You can either send foreign currency or choose to convert while in transit. The mobile app is limited to several countries as compared to the digital platform. There are opportunities if you wish to become an agent of Western Union through the company’s corporate headquarters.
Western union facilitates 24/7 money transfers across the globe making it suitable to use while operating in a 24-hour economy just like a freelancer in Dubai. Money can be sent either online, by phone, in person, or through the mobile app. It eases cash transfer, especially between employers and freelancers who are worlds apart.
- Allows 24/7 money transfer from various locations around the world
- It offers many options for sending and receiving money.
- Allows direct transfer online to a bank account
- ATM withdrawals
- Allows trace and track money in real-time through their global track a transfer service
- Extensive global reach compared to other digital money transfer service operators.
- It helps manage payment and risks associated with currency volatility.
- It enhances accountability through a reference on transactions.
- It has several platforms for money transfers, therefore, catering to a majority.
- It facilitates cash transfer to more than 200 countries in a fast and straightforward approach.
- In many cases, your recipient can access the funds within minutes.
- Better exchange rates compared to major banks.
- It allows faster money pick-up making it an ideal choice in urgency.
- It has more locations to access cash.
- It has established a reputation going by its ease and efficiency as a trustworthy and reliable service provider.
- Higher cable charges especially when transferring to countries with meager currency bargain power against the US dollar
PayPal is an online financial service that allows you to send and receive money. It is convenient for freelancers because it will enable the transfer of funds received to assigned bank accounts or cards. Transfer of funds through PayPal is free as long as there is no currency conversion involved.
- Detects user’s location once logged in.
- Protects user privacy by revealing only the name and email address during a transaction.
- It offers multiple emails linked to a single account, making receiving money more convenient and shielding hackers who might familiarize themselves with one email address.
- It allows Withdrawal Through a Bank or Credit Card generally within 3-5 working days.
- Supports multiple currencies and offers to automate currency conversion, which eliminates banks conversion fees when withdrawing at a local bank.
- PayPal supports several languages making it very easy for anyone in approved regions of operation to sign up for an account without the trouble of translation from English.
- The swift and efficient customer support replies to queries within two business days via email and instantly via phone calls.
- Present in over 170 countries, making it one of the best around the globe in terms of coverage.
- Setting up a PayPal account is free and only requires a valid email account. Linking credit cards and bank accounts to your PayPal account for withdrawals and funding removes the complications of doing online transactions as a freelancer.
- You can create, send, and monitor invoices right through your account.
- Lower fees compared with several merchant accounts
- You can set up recurring payments.
- Sending money is free.
- There is a fee when receiving money.
- It can freeze an account without warning, especially at the slightest detection of suspicious algorithms, thereby holding all transactions resulting in delays.
When choosing a payment solution, it is advisable to consider an option that holds an excellent reputation for efficiency, and that is favorably cheap. Look at a money transfer service that has broad coverage with a lot of choices available to send and receive cash. Check if the services are available in the region where you are operating. To a freelancer in Dubai, confirm the conversion rate of dirhams and compare across several platforms to get the best deal.