Since the government realized the massive impact freelancers have on the economy, it has taken the initiative to provide opportunities for people, especially ladies in Dubai, to explore freelancing as their primary or additional income sources.
Not so many years ago, Dubai did not believe nor accept the idea of freelancing (which is essentially working from home). But times are changing, and nowadays, the government has done everything to make it easier, more acceptable, and comfortable for people, especially ladies, to freelance in Dubai.
According to Forbes magazine, the people who have benefited most from the rising opportunities and access to freelancing in Dubai are housewives. What’s more, according to Hakim Boriawala, the CEO of Bawabba, almost 1000 out of the 5000 freelancers on that platform are housewives, which means that there are a lot of freelancing jobs that women in Dubai can do and comfortably earn from.
Let’s take a look at some work-from-home jobs for ladies in Dubai.
1. Freelance Writing
Do you love putting your ideas and imaginations into writing and have a way with words? Well, you might want to try freelance writing. This job basically requires you to create compelling content that a client wants. As a freelance writer in Dubai, you must possess certain skills to succeed in this career.
While there are plenty of internet resources that can help you acquire those skills and improve them, most experts recommend taking paid online courses. Sure, it requires money but investing in yourself has some pretty excellent benefits.
There are a lot of areas you can choose to focus on as a freelancer in Dubai. Among them include:
- Article Writing: This is quite a professional approach compared to freelance content writing. This job will require you to create content that targets a specific audience, mainly to promote services and products.
- Content Writing: Freelance content writing in Dubai is growing thanks to the massive opportunities available exponentially. As a freelance content writer in Dubai, you will be required to create, write, and sometimes edit many content types. Other roles of a freelance content writer include:
- Crafting content that is specifically meant to capture the attention of a particular audience.
- Analyzing and examining the performance of already written content, determining what works and what doesn’t work, and seeing where to make the necessary changes
- Creating content that drives web traffic, sales, and promotes a business’ products and services.
According to Salary Explorer, a freelance content writer in Dubai stands to an average monthly income of AED 19500.
- Academic Writing: Are you a college graduate who is passionate about writing? You might want to venture into academic writing. This type of writing follows a specific tone that uses formal, concise, and objective language.
- Blogging: Nowadays, blogging has become one of the most popular and lucrative jobs for ladies in Dubai. And the good thing is, starting a blog is easy these days.
A blog ( also known as a weblog ) is a platform that allows people to log in and share details about a lot of things like their day-to-day activities, things they are passionate about, to name a few.
There are a lot of ways you make money as a blogger in Dubai. For starters, you can place ads on your site and earn money from the views from people who visit your site.
Another common way bloggers earn money is through selling digital products like online courses, ebooks, to mention a few. You can also make money by selling sponsorship spaces in your email newsletters.
But while setting a blog up and running is a walk in the park, building up a successful blog and earning a decent income is not easy. It takes a lot of hard work and commitment.
2. Social Media Marketing
With most people spending a lot of time online, it is now more than ever that businesses require a solid online presence. And that is where a social media marketing consultant comes in. If you love engaging with people online and have been passionate about social media marketing, this is a great career to venture into.
Some of the roles of a freelance social media consultant include;
- Acting as the face and voice of a company in social media networks. This means that you will be required to interact with online customers and deal with customer inquiries and complaints.
- Creating or setting up and running social media campaigns will enhance engagements and loyalty, ultimately generating leads, sales and maximizing profits.
- Determining what social media networks to use for social media marketing.
- Act as the company’s brand advocate. This means that you will be coming up with and implementing strategies to showcase, build up, and maintain a reputable image online.
- Identify and know how to use the necessary social media marketing tools to boost or enhance social media campaigns and posts performance.
- Know how to create convincing and attractive content for social media posts and campaigns.
- Provide excellent and helpful advice and insights about everything social media marketing, such as adjusting social media marketing strategies whenever necessary.
According to Payscale, a freelance social media marketer in Dubai can earn an average of AED 102,311 annually.
3. Freelance Auditing
If you have done a bit of accounting, finance, business administration, or you have any accounting certifications like ACCA, CPA, and ACA, freelance auditing might be an ideal work-from-home job for you.
Research has it that UAE is one of the fastest-growing economies globally, so freelance auditing is one of Dubai’s most demanding jobs. This is because they play a key role in maintaining a business’s integrity and financial security.
Some of the roles of a freelance auditor in Dubai include:
- Detecting fraud in an organization
- Making sure that an organization complies with tax rules and regulations
- Preparing a company’s reports, financial statements, and commentaries
- Checking and making sure that a company’s records are accurate and reliable
- Conducting an unbiased review and presenting an independent report on the financial statements of a business. This includes notifying the company if you realize that they have not kept proper books of accounts
- Examining and analyzing the levels of financial risks of an organization
- Verifying assets and liabilities of an organization by comparing items to documentation
- Documenting and explaining audit findings and tests and recommend solutions
- Inspecting the organization’s account system and account books to ensure that they are accurate and reliable and that the proper accounting procedures have been used to record transactions
According to Salary Explorer, a freelance auditor in Dubai can make an average monthly income of AED 22,500. According to Payscale, a freelance auditor’s average annual salary in the UAE is approximately AED 107 740.
4. Web Designing
Another favorite work-from-home job for ladies in Dubai is web designing. If you love being creative and seeing your creations come to life, then web designing might be a career you should look into. A website is a powerful marketing tool for businesses, meaning that there will always be job opportunities available for web designers.
Web designing is basically planning, creating, and sometimes coding the layout of a website or webpage. And the good thing is, you don’t have to be that good in coding to be a web designer because you can seek assistance from a web developer. However, it is important to know the basics of coding to prove to prospective clients that you know what you are doing.
Among the roles of a freelance web designer in Dubai include:
- Like we mentioned earlier, a web designer plans, creates, and codes the layout and design of either a brand new or existing website
- Ensuring that a website is functional and stable across all devices such as mobiles, tablets, and desktops
- Integrating data feeds and client CMS programs into websites
- Liaising with web developers to make sure that a website reaches or surpasses the client’s exceptions
- Conducting website testing
Wondering how much a freelance web designer in Dubai earns?
According to Indeed, a freelance web designer in Dubai can earn an average monthly income of AED 3227, while Salary Expert estimates that a freelance web designer stands to earn approximately AED 239615 per year.
Research has it that approximately 87% of marketing professionals use videos in marketing, which means that there are many work opportunities for professional freelance videographers in Dubai. If you would like to explore freelance videography as a career, it is crucial to keep in mind that this is a broad field.
So, as a freelance videographer in the UAE, you should narrow it down to a specific niche. This is because prospective clients will ask for samples of similar shots to their hiring you.
Among the skills that clients look for in freelance videographers include:
- Proficiency with camera equipment
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency with various editing software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Some of the roles of a freelance videographer include:
- Filming live events or small on set productions on a set or on location
- Making sure that equipment for a particular shoot is present and functional before shooting
- Planning the shoot with the client and the creative team if there is one
- Professionally edit the footage after production
- If you are working with a creative team, liaise with and direct other camera operators so that the required footage is perfectly acquired
- If the client has provided you with the equipment to work with, it is your responsibility to keep them in good working condition and notify the client if any pieces need replacement
According to Indeed, a freelance videographer in Dubai can make approximately AED 3735 monthly, while Salary Expert estimates that a freelance videographer in the UAE can earn about AED 179657 annually.
6. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant can be a perfect work-from-home job, primarily if you have worked as a personal assistant before. It is not only easy to get started, but it is also very flexible.
Being a virtual assistant is basically doing tasks for an organization or entrepreneur remotely from your home office. These tasks can be anything from diary management to answering telephones, just to name a few.
Think of a VA as Alexa or Siri only that it’s a real person doing these tasks, but the concept of two people who can’t see each other working together is still the same. Many organizations across the globe prefer virtual assistants because they cost a lot more than full-time employees.
Among the responsibilities of a VA include:
- Performing administrative tasks like scheduling meetings, answering emails, diary management, making travel arrangements, to name a few
- Organize client’s calendars and to-do lists
- Basic data entries
- Making purchases and maintaining budgets on behalf of a client
- Creating project presentations for clients
- Booking appointments for clients with other people
- Following up with clients/customers
- Organizing files
- Creating basic reports
According to experts, having additional skills like social media marketing or content writing can give you an edge over other freelance virtual assistants out in the market.
According to Indeed, a virtual assistant in Dubai stands to earn about AED 4318 monthly. Salary Expert estimates that a freelance virtual assistant in the UAE can make approximately AED 86182 per year.
7. Graphic Designing
It’s undeniable that freelance graphic designing is one of the highly demanding creative careers in Dubai. This is because a lot of companies need graphic designs for their promotional and marketing content.
If you love being creative and have a background in graphic design and expertise in design software, this can be a great career to look into. More like videography, it is vital to identify where your strengths are in this field and focus on that. Apart from selling your creations online, you might get clients who may require you to:
- First, determine the scope of the project with the help of a client
- Determine the message the design you are to create should portray
- Utilize digital illustration, layout software, and photo editing software to create designs
- Design visual creations like logos, illustrations, original images, to name a few that will help promote products and services, deliver messages, to mention a few
- Present graphic design concepts to clients for recommendations
- Make the appropriate changes recommended by the client to the visual creations and elements you have designed
- Review your designs for any errors before printing or publishing them on behalf of the client
According to Glassdoor, a freelance graphic designer in Dubai can make about AED 8000 per month. Indeed also estimates that a graphic designer in Dubai stands to earn an average monthly salary of about AED 3280.
Thanks to ever-advancing technology, it is now possible to record almost everything from meetings, conferences, phone calls, court sessions, to name a few. Most organizations require these recordings to be converted into documents for various reasons. This is where transcriptionists come in.
As a transcriptionist, your main job is to type these recordings and process them into printable documents. If you are a fast typist with basic computer skills, this can be an ideal work-from-home job for you. All you need are excellent headphones, a computer, a stable internet connection, and software to improve the sound quality.
Other duties of a transcriptionist include:
- Like we mentioned before, your main work as a freelance transcriptionist in Dubai is to listen, interpret, and transcribe audio recordings, translating any jargons like legal terms, medical terminologies, to name a few
- Reviewing drafts made by speech-recognition software, making sure that the content is complete and correct, and make any edits where necessary
- Reviewing the final documents to identify any errors and inconsistencies and making any corrections where necessary
- Submitting final documents to clients for review and make any changes recommended by the client
- As a freelance transcriptionist in Dubai, it is also your responsibility to maintain confidentiality, especially when handling a client’s private recordings
According to Indeed, a freelance transcriptionist in Dubai can earn an average monthly income of about AED 2781. Payscale, on the other hand, estimates that a freelance transcriptionist in the UAE stands to earn a yearly income of approximately AED 58958.
Love taking pictures? Well, photography might be a career you can explore. While the freelance photography market in Dubai is very saturated, with the right skills and high-quality equipment, you can earn a decent living as a freelance photographer in the UAE.
Like pretty much every other freelancing career, it is recommendable to narrow down to one specific niche to succeed in this career. It could be wedding photography, portrait photography, to name a few.
Apart from selling your work on various online platforms, you may meet clients who will require you to:
- Set up photographic equipment for a photoshoot
- Edit and retouch shot images using different software
- Choosing and setting up locations for photoshoots
- Acquire and position props for shoots
- Take high-quality pictures that are up to or beyond the client’s expectations
While it is easy to begin your career as a freelance photographer, building up a brand and making good money from it requires hard work and commitment.
Most experts recommend selling your services to friends and family, especially if you are a beginner. This is because they will see how good you are and recommend you to other clients. This is also important because it helps you have samples of your work to build your portfolio. Uploading your work on social media is also a great way to advertise your services and build your brand.
According to Payscale, a freelance photographer in the UAE can earn approximately AED 59,180 per year, while Indeed estimates that a photographer in the UAE stands to earn an average monthly salary of AED 2754.
10. Online Tutoring
Research has shown that many high school students in the UAE opt for private tuitions, meaning that there are tons of opportunities for online tutors in Dubai.
Online tutoring is considered a very fulfilling work from home job, especially for ladies in Dubai, because it allows you to connect and help students of all ages right from kindergarten to college while earning a decent living. And the good thing is you do not have to have a college degree to be a tutor. What’s more, you can tutor people on a wide range of subjects and sometimes even foreign languages.
As an online tutor in Dubai, most clients will require you to:
- Assess, teach, and support learners online
- Provide feedback and answers to learners’ questions
- Build learners’ confidence and independence in a wide variety of subjects and/ or languages
- Prepare and assess online assignments
- Prepare and design learning materials, courses, and activities
- Assess learners’ performance
- Communicate with learners and sometimes guardians to provide progress updates and reports
- Track attendance learners online lesson attendance and, if necessary, report absentee students to their guardians or the administration
- Keep accurate, and valuable records of learner activities, achievements, and progress
11. Fitness Coaching
Many ladies in Dubai and worldwide work hard on their fitness to stay healthy and in shape. If you are a fitness enthusiast, why not channel your passion into helping others while earning money?
Although it is underrated, the fitness industry in the UAE is enormous. In fact, research shows that the industry was worth $360 million in 2018. So, this is a great work-from-home job.
As it is with most other freelancing careers, experts recommend narrowing it down to a specific niche as a freelance fitness coach. This is because it will enable you to focus on being an expert in a particular physical exercise field, making you stand out from other fitness trainers in Dubai.
Fitness experts also recommend focusing on training a specific demographic like pregnant women, senior citizens, people with disabilities. This will also help you attract many clients because you will show them that you know how to train and handle people from that specific clientele.
As a freelance fitness coach in Dubai, it is essential to get professional training to enhance your skills. Fortunately, there are a lot of personal training courses offered both online and physically in Dubai.
It is also essential to register with the UAE’s Register of Exercise Professionals, a public register for all fitness professionals in Dubai with approved qualifications. This will not only attract more clients but also allow you to increase your rates accordingly.
Payscale estimates that a freelance fitness trainer in the UAE can earn an average of AED 69634 annually.
12. Nutrition Consultant
Nowadays, more people are becoming aware of how their diet and nutrition affect their health and physical wellbeing, but navigating through all the available information on both the internet and other resources can be difficult. That is where nutrition consultants come in.
Being a nutrition consultant can be a great work-from-home job, especially if you are passionate about diet and nutrition and have some academic qualifications in nutrition.
As a freelance nutrition consultant in Dubai, you will get clients who will require you to:
- Evaluate their needs and help them make healthy food choices, set and meet their specific health, fitness, and wellness goals
- Plan their food plans and diets
- Educate them about diet, nutrition, and how to make healthy food choices
- Evaluate their progress and make the necessary changes to their diet
- Providing nutrition counseling in health, nutrition, diet, and diet-related health complications
- Assessing a client’s dietary practices and other vital information will help determine what modifications to make to help properly balance their diet.
According to Salary Expert, a nutrition consultant in the UAE can earn about AED 168852 per year, while Indeed estimates that a freelance nutrition consultant in Dubai stands to make AED 4756 monthly.
While most people underrate and sometimes doubt this job, data-entry is one of the most legit work from home jobs for ladies in Dubai. If you are a quick and efficient typist and love being organized, data-entry might be the ideal freelance job for you.
- One of the good things about this job is it is easy. It also doesn’t require specific educational or professional qualifications. Most clients just require you to have basic computer skills. Some of the roles and responsibilities of a freelance data-entry specialist include:
Doing large-volume data-entry projects using spreadsheets, word processing, and other computer software
- Preparing, compiling, and sorting documents
- Transferring information from document-format into computer files through typing
- Verifying and logging in receipt of data
- Verifying the integrity and authenticity of data by comparing it to source documents
- Maintaining a client’s filing system
- Protecting a client’s confidential information
- Reviewing data for any errors, missing information, or missing pages and making the necessary changes
- Backing up data regularly to ensure data preservation
According to Payscale, the average yearly income of a freelance data-entry operator in Dubai is approximately AED 25159.
Tips For Working Effectively From Home
There are a lot of work from home jobs for ladies in Dubai. However, for you to succeed as a freelancer in the UAE, there are some measures you have to take to ensure that you stay productive and maintain a perfect balance between work and other activities.
Let’s take a look at some useful tips for working effectively from home, shall we?
1. Consider Setting Up A Home Office
As a freelancer in Dubai, it is essential to have a home office for many reasons. For starters, a home office helps you separate yourself from your personal life, especially if you are a stay-at-home mum. Other advantages of setting up a home office include:
- Increased productivity. Having a home office means that you will have minimal or no distractions, enabling you to focus more on your work. Being in a home office environment also helps you get in that ‘work mode,’ which significantly boosts your productivity.
- Personal freedom. Having a home office allows you to become comfortable in terms of what you wear and how you leave your documents and other vital work materials without the fear of anyone tampering with them.
While setting up a home office, some things to consider include:
- The location. Your home office should be situated in a private place to minimize background noise, other distractions, clutter, and maintain the confidentiality of client information.
- Space and light. As a rule of thumb, your office should have ample space and light. Having enough space enables you to work comfortably and minimize the clutter that may otherwise affect your productivity.
- Comfortable furniture. This is very important because it helps enhance your productivity in a lot of ways. It prevents you from straining your back muscles and spine, which may lead to you having excruciating back pains.
- Technology aids. Additional equipment like noise-canceling headphones, an extra monitor can help you work more comfortably.
- A vision board. We all know the numerous benefits of having a vision board. Having one enables you to remember a lot of important things concerning your work, like completing projects. It also helps you keep track of your progress, especially when it comes to achieving your goals.
2. Create and consistently follow routines
As a woman in Dubai, you can have a lot of responsibilities, especially if you are a mum. That is why it is essential to create routines and follow them.
A routine helps you balance between work and other personal responsibilities, making sure that you are fully present in every activity. It also helps you set boundaries, especially with your kids. What’s more, it also helps everyone in your family develop some sense of responsibility, therefore, helping you have a functional household.
3. Communicate Effectively With Clients
A lot of work from home jobs do not involve seeing clients face-to-face; that is why communication is crucial. Communicating effectively with clients about any changes to projects or plans, rates, to name a few, helps you come across as trustworthy, reliable, and professional to clients.
We can all agree that freelancing in Dubai has come a long way. What was once seen as work for the unemployed or are waiting for employment is now a primary income source for many people, especially ladies in Dubai.
Work from home jobs for ladies in Dubai is in large numbers. One needs freelance skill in the specific line of work one chooses, a laptop, a conducive environment, and a stable internet connection. If you are starting off as a work-from-home lady in this work line, all you need is learning patience, experience, and good to go. But, all these necessities are never achieved one-off, you will take time, but eventually, you will begin minting some good money.
If you are a lady in the UAE looking to find work-from-home jobs, try bawabba- an excellent platform for freelancers in Dubai. If you are a client searching for a freelancer in Dubai to handle your project, look no further. Bawabba has top-notch freelancers that will deliver work that is beyond your expectations.