What is dropshipping?
You can sell products on your Website, Facebook or Instagram without ever touching them. You take the orders, once the buyer makes a purchase on your website, you can forward his order to the supplier. You will obviously sell the products at a higher price than the actual cost of the products.
Let’s see how can you develop a dropshipping website with zero coding experience, you can automate the whole dropshipping process using either of the two dropshipping tools:
- Oberlo for Shopify
- Alidropship for Woocommerce
Both the plugins find suppliers from Aliexpress. You can source suppliers and products using the plugin. You will have to download their chrome extensions that all you to import products into your website without having to copy-paste the items. You can import images, product descriptions, even reviews, and shipping methods. The plugin will send out the tracking ID to your customers after the order has been placed. There are many more features and add-ons you can use to enhance the basic functionality of the plugins.
Website development with zero coding experience
This is where freelancers with zero coding experience can make money. You can easily develop a website on Shopify or Woocommerce. You don’t need to know any fancy languages to pull off a great website.
Step 2: Buy a hosting plan if you wish to develop your website on Woocommerce. If you want to develop your website on Shopify then you do not need to buy a separate hosting plan. Your website will be hosted on Shopify. However, Shopify charges a fixed monthly fee + a small fee per transaction. It can be costly in the beginning as your store might have low sales volume in the first month.
Step 3: Choose your theme
- Shopify: Users have been creating beautiful websites using the Free “Brooklyn” theme in Shopify.
- Woocommerce: There are themes that come with Alidropship. Otherwise, you can buy many themes from Themeforest. If you need help with installing the theme you can hire a freelance web designer in Dubai to assist you in installing any theme you like.
Step 4: Choose your plugin
The next step is to install a plugin that connects your website to Aliexpress.
1. Install the free plugin “Oberlo” to start importing products from Aliexpress. You will also be required to install their chrome extension, to be able to import products into your Shopify store as you browse products on Aliexpress.
2. Woocommerce: If you are developing a website on Woocommerce then you will need to buy the Alidropship plugin for $89 (lifetime license). There is no transaction fee like in Shopify. There are many offers throughout the year when you can buy the plugin for much cheaper. For example, during the festive season, they give you a 30% discount or more. You can use themes by Alidopship.
3. There are other plugins like Dropified that work with Shopify and Woocommerce.
Step By Step Guide For starting your online store
- Pick a niche
Before you start setting up your website. You must pick your niche. If you get this part wrong, then no matter how beautiful and functional your website is, you will not enough sales.
1. Pick a passion product, for example, items for pets, babies, sports, camping, home decor, etc. or
2. Pick a product that solves a real problem
- Source suppliers for your chosen niche.
- Select suitable products from the selected suppliers
- Import the products from Aliexpress into your store with a click.
- Choose the right images for each imported product
1.Without the client’s logo
2. Without the Chinese models
3. Without the suppliers branding
4. Low-resolution images
- Remove the unnecessary details from the product description
- Remove FAQs from all the products imported from Aliexpress
- Create a page on your website with standard FAQs that are applicable to all your products.
- Rearrange Product Details into a standard format across all the product pages. It will make your website look more professional. If you wish to keep the product description imported from Aliexpress, then there will be different formats, policies, and different brands appearing all over the website. Therefore, we recommend making the following changes to the imported product details:
- Title: Rewrite the title with your main keywords and unique selling proposition
- Do not stuff the keywords into the title
- Description: Rewrite the description
- Describe the product. You can get ideas from the given specifications.
- Describe where you can use the product
- Describe how your customers can solve their problems with the product you are selling
- You can mention the additional points in the notes.
4. A disclosure that the actual size of the product may vary by 1 to 3 cm.
5. The actual color may be slightly different from the picture shown because of the different screen brightness.
6. Care instructions for home textiles
- Package details
- Clearly state what would be included in the package.
- For example, if you are selling pillowcases, clearly mention that the filling will not be included in the package.
It deters the visitors to buy from a website with no reviews. Getting the first few reviews is very challenging for any brand new online store. After you have gathered a few reviews, it becomes super easy to get your first purchase.
It is very easy to import reviews from Aliexpress if you have a FREE addon Reviews by Alidropship. Import Product Reviews to win the customers’ trust. Nobody wants to be the first one to buy the product. They all look for reviews.
Product reviews will help you convert visitors into paying customers.
If your supplier has good product videos, you can use the same videos in your social media campaigns and product pages.
We recommend investing in Alishipping by Alidropship for Woocommerce. It will cost you $29. They have promos throughout the year when you can get a 30% discount or more. This plugin will allow you to:
- Import all the possible AliExpress shipping methods with a single click
- Your customers can choose from a wide range of shipping options
- Enhance the shopping experience for your customers
- Automatically add shipping methods for your products at the checkout page.
- Full automation and synchronization with AliExpress
- Rename the shipping methods e.g. you will have to rename “Aliexpress Standard Shipping” because you will not want to mention Aliexpress on your website.
- Enable trustworthy shipping services only on your store, to make sure your products are safely delivered to your customers without getting lost. You can also remove China Post as a shipping method. Buyers have complained about lost shipments with China Post. It is better to disable this shipping method on your website. You can easily do this, by going to the settings of the Alishipping plugin.
- If you are targeting the US market. Then E-packet is the best option. You can offer free shipping on all your products. E-packet also gives free returns on undelivered items. With E-packet, it takes 7 to 20 days to reach the buyers. You can negotiate with the suppliers to process your order within 1-3 days. Some suppliers may take 5 to 7 days. We want to avoid such suppliers.
This part of the process is completely automated. As soon as the order is processed by the supplier, the buyer will receive an email with the tracking ID. They will also receive a link to the order tracking page where they can enter the tracking ID.
Alidropship plugin already has the order tracking feature.
Step 1: Create an account with an order-tracking service
You will need to have an account with a tracking service: If you do not choose any service then the plugin selects 17Track by default. We used Aftership to track our orders. You will need an account with Aftership. You will have the option to either embed a button on your order tracking web page or create a landing page on Aftership. It is free to use their button, however, you will have to upgrade to their “premium” version, to be able to create a landing page on the Aftership website. Your landing page will look like https://yoursite.aftership.com. This will earn you backlinks from Aftership, as you will be able to customize the page, add your own product links. Which in turn will enhance your Google rankings and win new sales from existing customers.
If you choose to embed the track button on your own webpage, then you will need to embed a code on your tracking page. You can sign up for a free account on Aftership. Then go to the “track button” or https://admin.aftership.com/apps/track-button. Copy the embed code and add it to your order tracking page.
Aftership also gives you the option to display recommended items to the buyers, once they are on the order tracking page. You can setup recommended IDs using Nosto.
Step 2: Once the account has been created you need to go to Alidropship > settings to select Aftership from the dropdown:
- Turn on the ‘Order shipped’ notification
- Turn on the “Attach estimated delivery time”
- Turn off the “Don’t attach tracking”
Earn Cashback on your purchases from Aliexpress
While you are on the settings page under Alidropship, you should also add your cashback link to get cashback on your purchases. However, you will only be given cashback on purchases from the store that support the Aliexpress affiliate program. According to the AliExpress rules from 20.12.2019, cashback is not charged for “Non-affiliated goods” if the goods are delivered to the following countries: Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Moldova. You can find out whether your products will get cashback or not by entering the product URL on https://backit.me/en/cashback/getlink. Create a link on backit.me. Then add the link to Alidropship > settings.
You can start your e-commerce store with zero coding experience and without having to touch the products ever with the dropshipping model. You can simply connect your website with Aliexpress with the help of a plugin. You can choose Oberlo for Shopify and Alidropship for Woocommerce. There are plugins like Dropified that work on both platforms. You can start importing products from Aliexpress with a single click if you have the chrome extension installed. The success of your website will depend on the niche, products, reviews, product images, shipping and order tracking methods. You can automate the whole process with the help of the mentioned plugins. If you need help with installing woo-commerce, themes, or the plugins then you can hire a freelance web designer in Dubai. You will have your website up and running within a few hours.